Finalists announced for 2022 Australian Organic Industry Awards
AUSTRALIA’S finest organic operators will battle it out for top honours at this year’s Australian Organic Industry Awards, with finalists announced across eight categories.
The premier night for the nation’s $2 billion organic industry features two new categories, Brand of the Year and the Innovation Award, in recognition of the trailblazing efforts of those introducing the benefits of organics to new audiences.
Hosted by peak industry body, Australian Organic Limited, the awards are now in their eighth year and have become both a coveted prize and a recognition of the powerful growth in the organic sector.
AOL Chief Executive Officer, Niki Ford, said the quality of the applications had been outstanding.
“Across the previous seven years of the Australian Organic Industry Awards the standard has been set for excellence and I am proud to say this year’s finalists have showcased the highest ideals of our industry,” Ms Ford said.
“The range of sectors represented, covering everything from pet treats to pinot noir to kimchi, is a testament to the diversity of the organic industry and the growing success in mainstream markets.”
“With increasing concern for the state of the environment and the amount of chemicals in our production systems, there has never been a better time for the certified organic industry to step up and help transition the global community to a healthier future.”
Along with individual honours for Farmer of the Year, Organic Woman of the Year and Young Organic Leader, awards will be announced for Business of the Year, New Product of the Year, Retailer of the Year, Brand of the Year and the Innovation Award, as well as the inductee to the Hall of Fame and the recipient of the Chairman’s Award.
The eighth Australian Organic Industry Awards will be celebrated on 25 November at Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley in Lovedale, NSW.
Brand of the Year
• Angove Family Winemakers
• Glenore Grove Pty Ltd (trading as Cockatoo Grove)
• Kialla Pure Foods
• Organic Merchant
• The Organic Milk Co.
Business of the Year
• Dr Oetker Queen Australia
• Essential Flavours
• Gemtree Wines
• The Organic Milk Co.
Farmer of the Year
• Brendon Hoyle, Ashbern Farms
• Jason Smyth, SA Organics
• Mick Dan, Good Harvest Organic Farm
• Shane Eldridge, Eldridge Fresh Organics
• Sue Glynn, KimchiMe TASFresh
• Marinova Pty Ltd
• Pawsome Organics
• River Stone Aquaculture Innovations
• Sprout Organic
New Product of the Year
• Kialla Pure Foods – Organic Waffle Mix (Extra Crispy)
• Swift Grow – Certified Organic Fertiliser
• The Organic Milk Co. – Organic Cheddar Block
Organic Woman of the Year
• Anni Brownjohn, OZGANICS Australia
• Georgia Beattie, Bulla Park
• Monica Meldrum, Whole Kids
• Theme Rains, Synthesis Organics
Retailer of the Year
• Apples and Sage
• Coles Supermarkets Australia Pty Ltd (trading as Coles)
• Honest to Goodness
• Santos Organics
Young Organic Leader
• Andrew McIlwain, Green Camel
• Brendan Taylor, Good Harvest Organic Farm
• Chelsea Eldridge, Eldridge Fresh Organics
• India Bellamy, STORM + INDIA
0421 196 004