Finalists have been announced for the 9th edition of the Australian Organic Industry Awards, with winners to be announced in Melbourne on 8 March 2024.
Our Awards program is all about showcasing the products, individuals, brands and businesses that are moving the organic sector forward. Entries were open across eight individual and industry categories, with a Chairman’s Award and Hall of Fame recipient also to be unveiled.
Applications Open: Wednesday 29 November 2023
Applications Close: Wednesday 24 January 2024
Finalists Announced: Monday 12 February 2024
Winners Announced: Friday 8 March 2024
2024 Organic Industry Awards Categories
- Entries are free for AOL members. All other entrants will be invoiced an entry fee of $165.00 +GST. Fee includes entry across all categories. Please contact [email protected] to check your membership status. All levy-paying organic operators licensed to the Australian Certified Organic Standard are entitled to a free AOL membership. Contact [email protected] for more details.
- For some categories, nominated individuals, products, brands and businesses must be certified organic by certification bodies (ACO, BDRI, NCO, OFC, SXCA) approved by the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry (DAFF). Proof of certification will be required.
- Certification does not apply to categories Young Organic Leader, Organic Woman of the Year, or Retailer of the Year.
- Any product applicants must have a current certification mark visible and applied correctly on packaging.
- If requested, product applicants must send samples products to Australian Organic Limited in support of their application for judging.
- Farmer of the Year applicant must have worked in agriculture for a minimum of five years in a hands-on position.
- Nominations and applications will only be accepted via the provided links and forms.
- Late nominations and applications will not be accepted after the provided dates.
- Each selection criteria must be answered within a maximum 500-word limit.
- Finalists will be announced on Monday 12 February 2024.
- Finalists will be required to supply a high-resolution image/s of themselves, business, brand and/or product to be used at the Australian Organic Industry Awards.
- Winners will be announced at the Australian Organic Industry Awards on Friday 8 March 2024.