- Australian Organic Ltd launches series of online export webinars supported by a $100,000 grant through the Australian Government’s Agricultural Trade and Market Access Cooperation program.
- The webinars, hosted on a new online platform, will inform Australian organic producers about exporting to German, Swedish and UK markets.
A $100,000 Australian Government grant will be used by Australian Organic Ltd to support trade of organic products through a national education program focussed on access to the UK and European markets.
Minister for Agriculture David Littleproud said Australian Organic Ltd will use its recently launched online platform to provide free resources and information to certified organic operators interested in exporting.
“On October 20 Australian Organic Ltd will launch its export country-specific webinar series to be conducted virtually via Zoom,” Minister Littleproud said.
“These initial webinars held over three days will focus on Germany, Sweden and the United Kingdom, all potentially lucrative markets for our farmers of certified organic produce.”
“Each webinar will cover a range of export-related content including market selection strategies, market access, organic certification and market specific consumer trends.”
“They’re especially aimed at Australian organic members and certified organic operators seeking to increase their export market options or enter the market for the first time.”
“The Australian Government is investing in this project through the $6 million Agricultural Trade and Market Access Cooperation program because of the exciting premium product export opportunities it can open up for our certified organic industry.”
“Investments like this form part of our Ag2030 plan in supporting industry to grow Australian agriculture to $100 billion in farmgate value by 2030.”
Australian Organic Ltd launched Trade Organic earlier this month.
- The $100,000 grant to Australian Organics Limited is one of 12 grants funded under the latest round of the ATMAC.
- Australian Organic Ltd is the leading industry body representing organic
certifiers and certified operators in Australia.
- Australian Organic Ltd is a not for profit, member owned organisation that advocates on behalf of the certified organic industry by lobbying government and driving awareness.