APPLICATIONS CLOSE 19TH DECEMBER 2019
The Australian Government is inviting applications for projects to deliver services under the National Landcare Program – Smart Farms Small Grants Round 3.
Smart Farms Small Grants is an open, competitive, grant opportunity to support projects to increase farming, forestry and fishing communities’ awareness, knowledge, skills and capacity to adopt best practice sustainable agriculture.
The purpose of Smart Farms Small Grants is to support land manager practice change that will deliver more sustainable, productive and profitable food, fibre and forestry business while protecting Australia’s biodiversity; protecting and improving the condition of natural resources; and assisting Australia meet its international obligations.
The purpose will be achieved by supporting projects that contribute to achieving one or both of the program outcomes outlined below:
- Outcome 1 – Increased adoption of best practice sustainable agriculture
- Outcome 2 – Increase the capacity of land managers to adopt best practice sustainable agriculture
A total of $43.5 million (GST exclusive) is available for Smart Farms Small Grants across an anticipated six annual rounds (2017–18 to 2022–23).
- The first round opened for applications in October 2017 from which the then Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources approved 77 projects.
- The second round opened 13 November 2018 and the then Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources approved 110 projects.
- This grant opportunity is the third round.
Applications close on the 19th December 2019.