Australian Organic Celebrates National Ag Day
To celebrate National Ag Day in 2020, we will be highlighting the fact that Australia has produced some world-renowned sustainable farming personalities, and innovating methods.
Globally, organic farmers use a variety of methods and techniques to create a truly sustainable, resilient, and regenerative farming systems. Many of these methods were developed, or defined and popularised, by Australians.
- Bill Mollison (1928 – 2016): Co-founder of Permaculture – an ethical design science for sustainable human inhabitation of the planet
- P.A. Yeomans (1905 – 1984): Founder of the Keyline Plan, and the Yeomans Plow
- Alex Podolinski (1925 – 2019): Considered the father of Bio-dynamics within Australia
- Bruce Ward: Proponent of Holistic Management
- Peter Andrews: Founder of Natural Sequence Farming
- Christine Jones: Light Farming – soil carbon and microbiology, carbon farming
- Mulloon Creek Natural Farms: featured as a model example of an organic farm using most, if not all of the above methods