Recipe by Absolute Organic
We couldn’t wait to bring you some recipes with our Ginger in Syrup as apparently everything we make with it turns out delicious, with a unique and unexpected touch of ginger. This recipe is delicious and perfect to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day as it’s got this incredible beautiful avocado-green colour that just matches with the decorations for the day.
It is a raw dessert, so you only have to prepare and spread out the layers to make it – and is for sure a good recipe to make with the kids as well!
Total preparation time: 1h
• 2 tablespoons of Absolute Organic hazelnut butter
• ½ cup rolled oats
• 1 packet Absolute Organic medjool dates pitted
• 6 pieces of Ginger in Syrup
• 2 tbsp cacao powder
• 4 tablespoons of coconut oil, melted
• 2 cups desiccated coconut
• 1 cup coconut flour
• ½ cup of the syrup from the ginger
• 4 Avocados
• ¾ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
• 1 cup of AO Vegan Chocolate Chips
• 2 tablespoons of hazelnut butter
1) Using an electric food processor or blender, blend all the Base ingredients together until combined.
2) Layer the mixture on a baking tray lined with baking paper and take it to the freezer for about 20 minutes.
3) Blend all the Slice ingredients together until combined.
4) Layer the mixture on the top of the base layer previously done, and take it to the freezer for about 20 minutes to firm up.
5) Melt the chocolate and stir with the hazelnut butter in a bowl until smooth. Pour over the top of the green slice and return the dessert to the freezer for about one hour until is completely set.
6) Cut as preferred and enjoy!
View the recipe and find delicious certified organic ingredients on the Absolute Organic website here.
Make the most of what’s fresh and local this season with our immune-boosting organic winter salad recipe. Add your own choice of delicious crunchy veggies and toppings for a different take on your average salad.
Small bunch of kale, washed and stripped from the stork
One avocado deseeded and skin removed
Broccoli head chopped finely. Just the flowerets
Your choice of carrots, red cabbage, capsicum, radish, red onion or spring onions. One more avocado never hurt anyone!
Smash the avocado in a bowl, then using your hands massage the avocado into the kale. This tenderises and enhances flavour of the kale.
Squeeze in a little lemon juice and add salt and pepper to taste.
If you’re adding anymore vegetables add them now and continue to massage through.
Sprinkle chopped toasted almonds on top.
And there you have it, a delicious yet simple salad recipe! Remember to share your organic recipes with us on our social media by tagging @australianorganic
Feeling a bit under the weather?
Warm your soul with this whole-hearted, nutritious Organic Turmeric Chicken Zoodle Soup, courtesy of Changing Habits.
1 onion, diced
2 tomatoes, diced
2 1/2 cups of chicken bone broth
1 tbs Changing Habits Beef Broth
1/2 – 1 tsp Changing Habits Turmeric Powder
1 tbs Changing Habits Coconut Oil or butter
1/2 tsp ginger powder
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 zucchinis, spiralised into zoodles
300g organic chicken thigh, diced
1 lime, juice only
Changing Habits All Natural Seaweed Salt, to taste
Changing Habits Black Peppercorns, to taste
1/4 cup coriander root, leaves for garnishing
Add the coconut oil or butter to a large saucepan on a medium heat and allow it to melt.
Add the onion and fry until fragrant and lightly golden brown.
Add the garlic, turmeric, salt, pepper and chicken and fry until the chicken is a light golden colour.
Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a soft simmer. Simmer until the chicken is cooked through.
Taste the mixture and adjust any of the flavours to taste.
Pour into bowls, garnish with some coriander leaves and enjoy.
Changing Habits Member Offer
Save 10% on any product* within the Changing Habits online shop @ changinghabits.com.au/shop
ONE USE ONLY *excl Gift Vouchers
Apply the following COUPON CODE at the checkout: ch1020aorb
Valid until 31/12/20