2019 Sustainable Food Awards Open to Entries
Entries are now open for this year’s Sustainable Food Awards. Organised by Ecovia Intelligence (formerly known as Organic Monitor), the aim of the Sustainable Food Awards is to give recognition to operators that are helping build a sustainable food industry.
There are five distinct categories:
• New Sustainable Product: a new food / beverage product with some important sustainability credentials.
• Sustainable Ingredient: a new ingredient that makes a sustainable difference in terms of environmental and / or social impact.
• Sustainable Packaging: a new packaging format that has low environmental footprint in terms of design and / or materials.
• Sustainability Pioneer: an operator in the food industry that is a pioneer / leader in some aspect of sustainability.
• Sustainability Leadership: an operator that leads in various aspects of sustainability.
The awards are open to all types of operators in the food industry, including food & beverage brands, ingredient firms, packaging companies, industry associations, and related organisations who are helping build a sustainable food industry.
The closing date for entries is 30th April, the finalists will be notified by 17th May, and the eventual winners at a dedicated awards reception on 13th June in Amsterdam. The awards reception will be co-hosted alongside the 11th European edition of the Sustainable Foods Summit, hosted in Amsterdam on June 13-14th. Winners and finalists will benefit from media coverage and industry recognition of their sustainability achievements.
The Sustainable Food Awards are the only international awards dedicated to sustainability in the food industry; winners and runner-ups of the 2018 awards were Bogawantalawa Tea Estates (Sri Lanka), Straus Family Creamery (USA), Agrasys (Spain), EOSTA (Netherlands), Coop (Switzerland), Lotus Foods (USA), Aliet Green (Indonesia), Nature’s Path Foods (Canada), and Palsgaard (Denmark).