Did you know you can buy beneficial insects to control pests in your garden? We agree with Organic Crop Protectants that this is pretty cool!
Their online store Eco Organic Garden is where you can buy all your organic gardening needs – even live beneficial insects and have them delivered straight to your door.
Organic Crop Protectants has been providing organic crop protection and nutrition since 1991. Their products are designed to support bio-diversity and improve the fertility and stability of soil.
As many of us embrace a high pressure, urban lifestyle – growing our own food can be incredibly rewarding as well as a great cost saver. We know you will love these…
TOP 5 GARDENING TIPS
- Give your indoor plants a Spring makeover by repotting with fresh potting mix and give them a light hosing off outside to remove built up dust. They’ll look a million bucks afterwards!
- It’s tomato planting time everyone. If you’ve never tried growing them start with the cherry tomato types. They produce loads of delicious fruit and are less prone to pests and diseases.
- Thinking of starting a veggie patch? Make sure you position it in full sun and close to the house. That way you can keep a close eye when it needs watering and fruits are ready to harvest.
- Basil is the champion of all herbs and loves the warmer months. Plant some now in a pot beside the backdoor, or on a sunny windowsill, so you can enjoy the fragrant leaves every day.
- Grow your own gourmet salad by sowing some mesclun seed mix now. In a few short weeks you’ll be picking their tasty leaves. They even keep growing so you can harvest over many weeks.
GET SOCIAL WITH US
Have a favourite gardening product? Tell us in 25 words or less why you love it and you can win $1000 cash or an organic hamper!
Need help planning an organic garden? Download the Australian Organic Schools Crop List here.by